Friday, April 27, 2012

Upgrading Video Card soon....?

I'm making a rather large upgrade soon to a new video card....I currently have the HP Elite 410f. It has an AMD phenom II x6 1045T 2.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM, and currently the ATI Radeon HD 5570.



I'm just going to assume Battlefield 3 is going to be multi-core, so the CPU shouldn't be a problem, and the RAM is plenty, what that leaves left is the video card.



I'm planning on getting the nVidia GTX 560 Ti just to future proof it for a little bit without breaking the bank. Which power supply would you recommend? I was thinking about getting a Corsair Gamer Enthusiast 750 watt. If this is too much, any recommendations for something smaller and cheaper would be appreciated.



I've already measured the case and everything should fit, but I'm just curious about the power, and if will even work on this computer.



Also, when upgrading video card brands from AMD to nVidia, what happens with the drivers? Do I need to install them first and then put in the video card or vice-versa?



Thanks in advance!



-Alex.|||Corsair TX750 is a great PSU but you shouldn't need more than 600W for a 560 Ti

I'd recommend to install the drivers after you install the GPU.|||Install the divers after the hardware, always after the hardware. If you install before you take the old one out you will have the wrong drivers for the wrong graphics card|||Power supply Guide ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6uw0QFE…



Low wattage PSU's and GPU's Guide ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTQoH-j5K…|||600W should be more than enough since your system will only draw less than 400W under heavy load.



(I've googled 560 power consumption)

No comments:

Post a Comment