Friday, April 27, 2012

Looking to upgrade Video Card on 300 Watt system. Suggestions??

I currently have an ATI X700 256mb PCI-Express



My system

AMD 64 3200

1GB RAM

120 GB HD

300 Watt Power Supply.



Have considered the Following Cards"

ATI X800 256mb

ATI 1300 256mb

Nvidia 7300 GS 256mb

Nvidia 7300 GT 512mb



Any other card suggestions would be good. Not looking to spend lot of money say about $150



Did not want to upgrade power supply due to cost



Thanks for help!!|||Well first off, its a good thing you came here, you can do better than those cards. I would recommend this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

Now if you are gutsy enough to buy recertified, you could get this one:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… which is a better card than the previous. Either should work on a 300W, although I would recommend your next upgrade to be a power supply because you are cutting it very close.|||I'd do the Nvidia 7300 GT, only because I have a couple of the Gigabyte Turbo Edition ones with the heat pipes and they run flawlessly, and doesn't require a power connector.



and they were only about 84 bucks apiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment