Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is there any way to change the video card in an older-model Macbook?

I'm on an approximately three-year-old Macbook. The black one. Sorry, I can't be more specific than that, as I'm not overly hardware savvy. I've got everything factory upgraded (8gbs RAM, 2.5 Processor, etc.) EXCEPT for the video card, and some of my games aren't handling this very well. (i.e. Starcraft 2). Before I go all crazy, is there any way I can purchase an upgraded video card and install it manually?|||The video card is part of the system board, you'll have to replace the whole thing.|||You cannot run 8GB of RAM in a black Macbook. If it boots with 8GB in it then it's only going to address a max of 6GB, if that, depending on the model. Furthermore, you cannot get more than a 2.4ghz CPU in a black Macbook. I don't think you know what you're talking about.



And no, you cannot upgrade the video card in any way, shape, or form. Such is the case with most laptops.

No comments:

Post a Comment