Friday, April 27, 2012

Upgrading video card on my desktop computer?

I have a 5 year old Windows XP desktop computer (it's a Dell Dimension E310) that has an integrated video card in the motherboard(an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset). I want to be able to be able to play the new Sims 3 game, but the only thing on my computer that needs to be upgraded for it is the video card. Because the video card is built-in, would it be better to have Best Buy put a new one in for me, or can I do it myself? If I do it myself is it only a matter of disabling the old video card and installing the new one or is it more complicated? Also: what card would you recommend for my system- ATI Radeon or a NVIDIA Geforce that is relatively inexpensive (up to $150 dollars preferably)? Thanks so much!|||Since the video card is intergrated, I would have Best Buy do the upgrade.



As far as which card to upgrade to, I would choose whichever one has more memory. The more memory, the smoother the graphics will be and the higher the frame-rate will be.|||HIS Hightech Radeon X1550

PCI Express x1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



Depending on your PC case case size, one has a low profile bracket.



This one says it is Compatible for Dell Dimension E310 Desktop

http://www.directron.com/h155hmf256el1r.…

No comments:

Post a Comment