Friday, April 27, 2012

Mac OS X upgrading video card?

I just downloaded Sims 3 onto my iMac 5 and am having issues with the graphics (the sims are all black and the sky is yellow). I figured out that it was because the video card I have (a Intel GMA 950) is not supported by the game and that I will need a Intel GMA X3100, an ATI X1600 or a Nvidia 7300 GT for the game to run properly. Is there any way I can upgrade the video card and if so, for how much?|||You can't upgrade a iMac unless you know a huge handful about Hardware and iMacs are more complicated to upgrade than PC's, phone Apple see if they know anything about it, if they can do it it will be a bit costy, good luck!|||In a word: no.



When you buy a mac, especially an imac, they're usually all-in-one systems that are VERY unfriendly with hardware customization. I doubt you can even find a PCI slot if you manage to open your computer up. That really blows, because Macs are so expensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment