Friday, April 27, 2012

I need advice for upgrading video cards?

Hi, I currently run two GeForce 7600gs video cards with SLI. I'm thinking about upgrading but money is a major factor. I was looking at picking up two 9500gt's or gs's but I dont know if thats the right bang for my buck. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.|||Simple. First, decide exactly how much you want to spend. Then, check the Best Graphics Card For The Money by TomsHardware.com (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rade… Check the $120 - $190 section, since I assume that is your budget with the pair of 9500GTs you picked out. Personally, I think the GTX 260 is a lot of bang for the buck. If you go with that, make sure you get the 216 version. Otherwise the 9800GTX+ or the GTS 250 are really good options. No reason to do SLi with a couple of cheaper 9500s when you can have better performance with one card at the same price as the two 9500s. You can always add another GTS 250 or GTX 260 later.

No comments:

Post a Comment