Friday, April 27, 2012

HP Slimline S5120f Video Card Upgrade HELP?

I have a HP Slimline S512f specs are



Processor AMD Athlon X2 7750

Memory 4 GB

Video graphics Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE

Hard Drive 500GB

PSU 220W



I believe that'ss all the info you need for now.



I bought this computer off of eBay for a ridiculously low price for being only 1 month old for $199. It is one hell of a great computer, but the one thing I hate is that the video card is complete garbage.



I researched on upgrading video cards on these slimlines and found that a forums saying a Radeon HD 5450 (Cedar) 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card would work on the slimlines with a 160W PSU.



I was just wondering if this would work on mine, I think this would be a fair upgrade from what I have now and just need you guys tell me it'll work before I make the purchase!



For the slots available

1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card

2 PCI Express x1 slots

1 PCI slot

*Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards*



Not sure about PCI Express 2.1 compatibility I am not really good on desktops I used to use laptops for over 4 years until I decided they're garbage too.. If you need additional information on the computer here is the specs from HP (My slimline is 100% stock)



http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01738807&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=3942804&prodTypeId=12454



Thanks for reading I hope you guys can help me and the user that answers my question clearly will be voted for best answer, no bs answers saying slimlines suck blah blah blah...



And also I found out that it has a maximum power at 20 watts so you know, I imagine my computer has 20 watts available to be used.|||Don't bother with a 5450. It's slow as hell and definitely not the fastest card you can get in there.



Get a Radeon 6570. It's the best low-profile card you'll find and is pretty darned good on power consumption.



And no, you do not have a max of 20w to be used. That's baloney. Your computer as it is will barely go over 100w under a full load.



Any single slot, low profile card will work. You don't need anything special. Hop on Newegg. They start around $70.

No comments:

Post a Comment