Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upgrading video card on my Alienware m15x laptop?

I would like to upgrade the video card on my Alienware m15x laptop. I currently have a Nvidia 8700m GT in my laptop right now.



When I was first purchasing my laptop I was given the option to put in a 8800 GTX instead but I chose not to because of the money. I would like to upgrade to the 8800 GTX now however.



I called Alienware about this and they said I cannot upgrade to the 8800 GTX because my motherboard has some "special" socket type made by them and I can't put one in there. However I could have in the beginning though.......



Can someone please me? Is there any way possible for me to get this card in?|||You can't. It's a laptop, the parts are highly specified and BTO (built to order) customizations are done at the factory, not afterwards. You could have it at the beginning because the factory would put it in specially for you (they have several "popular" stock configurations and just change bits and pieces).



It's not possible to get this in without very specialized professional modifications, and even then, nobody will guarantee it will be a successful surgery.|||dont listen to Yectep hes a moron who cant afford and alienware or do research. YES you can upgrade your alienware laptop video card.

Report Abuse


|||curious to hear what you did, my m15x just started with a blank screen yesterday. cant see a thing

Report Abuse


|||Ya you can, when I bought my M15X AW laptop I had the GTX 260m. but now I recently ordered and installed the GTX 460m and I must say it was totally worth it! Although, you have to buy a laptop cooler for the bottom of your laptop because the new card heats up a bit. The card is $500+ from Dell.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment