Friday, April 27, 2012

Upgrade Video Card...How?

Every time a high end video card appears I’m stuck with the old card. Example I have a gtx480 and I want the new gtx580. A few years back I could go to the store and request an upgrade, you gave them your video card paid the price difference and got a new card. Where can I do that in Romania or anywhere else?|||Upgrades were a nice marketing tool some years back when Nvidia cards could be priced high (w/ high margin) because ATI cards were not competitive in performance. But now, ATI was able to raise the level of performance and efficiency of their cards but priced their products competitively. Nvidia was forced to compete on price rather than marketing gimmicks like the easy upgrades before.|||Idk, but if I were you I'd wait a few months until the prices drop a little. Besides, what can one gtx480 not handle? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment