Monday, May 7, 2012

Help upgrading video card?

Hi, I currently have a Radeon x800 Pro/Gto video card. I did a scan and it came back saying that I have AGP version 3.0 on my motherboard. I wanted to ask what I should upgrade to in order to get a better gaming experience. I play games like Company of Heroes and such. I need something preferrably under $50. Any help would be greatly appreciated.|||http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…

I believe you should get(try) a 1650 at least, but here's a site that might tell youwhat games does how well on each of those cards(look in the charts)...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/How-…|||Under $50 you're probably not going to get much movement in performance in regards to graphics cards, particularly on the AGP slot as there have been some good cards released since the time of the x800 but as they are becoming uncommon their prices aren't really dropping as much as they should.



My advice would probably be to look at the 'newer' radeons on Ebay or something similar. For example a radeon x1300 is going for roughly $65 Australian on ebay it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment