Monday, May 7, 2012

I have a Gateway GT5426E I want to upgrade video card and ram for games. Which ones are compatible and good?

Im trying to upgrade my computer a bit and i need to know which video cards and ram chips are compatible for my computer to play games on. Please let me know thanks|||What kind of games do you plan on playing? The amd x2 will have trouble keeping up with most modern games, but it will work. Also modern games will like more ram so http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145527 is compatible and will total you off at 4GB's. There is a huge range of graphics cards these days. Your best bet is to visit http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-gaming-graphics-charts/3DMark11-Gamer,2659.html and choose one that is within your price range. Once you have chosen the card you think is good, you will need to research 1. is it too long? will it fit? (simply look up the dimensions and measure your case inside) and 2. will my 300 watt power supply be enough (google should have the answer).

No comments:

Post a Comment