Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I have a Gm5474 and want to upgrade video card?

I wanted the EVGA GeForce 9600 GT Video Card or the Radeon HD 4830 Video Card but I dont know if my computer has the power supply to accompany those video cards. Which is better for gaming and what is a molex 6 pin and where doe all of that go?

I have a Amd Athlon 64x2 6000+

Nvidia 8500GT

3 Giggs of Ram and 500gbHD

400 Watt Power Supply|||You have to tell us how much money you're willing to spend on it.

A 6-pin molex connector is a cable, usually coming from your power supply that feeds your graphics card (don't worry, it is very distinguishable ). If your power supply doesn't have any, you can buy a 4-pin to 6-pin molex adapter.

400 watts are enough for those video cards and between these two I would certainly suggest the HD4830.

No comments:

Post a Comment