Sunday, May 6, 2012

Question about upgrading graphics card?

I'm new to the whole upgrading video card thing and I just have a few questions. I have a 3 year old Dell Optiplex 755 with the standard video card in it. I'm thinking of upgrading it to the GeForce 9800GT or the Radeon HD 4670. How would I find out if my computer is able to support the power that the cards need as well as if the cards are compatible with my computer. I also want to connect my computer to my HD TV and play games like WoW and Starcraft II. Thanks in advance.|||With 305 watts of power supply,Radeon HD 4670 is your best option.Geforce 9800 GT will require a 400 watts of a Power supply with one 6 pin PCI-E power connector so your stock power supply is not adequet for 9800 GT.



with 450-500 watts of power supply,you can run cards that are even more better than the 9800 GT.if you can then this power supply can handle 9800GT fine and much faster radeon HD 5770.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



with your current power supply,Radeon HD 4670 is your best option.|||you have an inter grated video card most systems with that card really cant have a new video card . Don't get me wrong you can but it will look very unpleasant .

you can only fit half height video cards in it and there not very good . my best bet would be just to save for a new computer . This may fit do some research on it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187061|||There are four different Optiplex 755 models:

Mini Tower Computer (MT)

Desktop Computer (DT)

Small Form Factor Computer (SFF)

Ultra Small Form Factor Computer (USFF)



Slim size PC's are nearly impossible to upgrade.|||You might want to get a new case or add an additional case fan. If you have the original 275w psu then you will want to upgrade that, nothing fancy, a 550w corsair will do. As for HDTV just read if those cards both have HDMI output

No comments:

Post a Comment