Monday, May 7, 2012

Upgrading video card in my xps 9000?

core i7 920 @2.66ghz

6gb Ram

GTS 240

750gb HD

Vista 64 home prem

i think its either 27' or 29' monitor



I'm not sure what the power supply is...came stock and I know that would limit my upgrade



Not looking for anything crazy so probably just the peak for my PS.



It seems to of been overheating while playing higher end games. Can I upgrade the fan too? How much does that cost? Would upgrading the video card fix both?



Would a place like bestbuy install it all for me?|||1. What's your budget?



2. Try opening your case and the PSU will have its watt shown.



3. What type of games do you play and WILL play?



Your PC's fine for intense gaming, but yes you're right about the GTS 240 being just average. Depending on your budget, this might be good ::



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/…



It overheats b/c there's not enough cooling and the game you're playing is pushing your GPU to its limit. You can adjust the fan speed of any Nvidia GPU by using EVGA Precision. Increase the fan speed - for every 10C raise the fan speed to 10%.



40C - 50%



50C - 60%



..



70C - 80%

No comments:

Post a Comment