Monday, May 7, 2012

Upgrading video card?

I want to upgrade my computer's video card and I found one that I would like to get - ATI Radeon HD3870 - but I've heard that it won't fit in a Dell E510 because it is too big. Is this true, and if it is, are there any other comparable video cards that are as good as the HD3870 and as cheap?|||yes, i have heard of this before, but i can't remember when or where

ask a dell technician|||Pop open the case and see how much room you have. Newer cards are about 8-8.5" long (ie the width of a standard ATX motherboard), though some cards like the 9800GTX are longer.



Since you found a card you like, consider the nvidia equivalent: The 9600GT. It's a fine card, and performs comparably to the ATI HD3870. The ATI runs better at lower quality settings, but if you turn on all the AntiAliasing/high settings, the 9600 scores better.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1293/nv…|||Look for small form factor cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment