Monday, May 7, 2012

Able to upgrade video card on my PC?

Hi,



I am looking to upgrade the graphics in my HP Slimline PC s5220y.



Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.6Ghz

4GB DDR2 SDRAM

PCI Express slot x16

------>220W Power Supply<----------IMPORTANT



Can anyone give me a decent idea of what to buy? Your input is greatly appreciated.



As a second part to this question... it seems my choices may be less inhibited if I were able to find a bigger PSU for this machine. Has anyone heard of upgrading the PSU in an HP s5220y to a psu that has at least 300w? If so, what mfg. and part number? One of the greatest things about this machine is the nice piano black finish, but if all I have to do is purchase a new case with bigger psu, I will tear this thing apart to upgrade the graphics.



Thanks in advance all for your replies!



Adrian|||here's a 400w PS that should fit your case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



That will cover a lot of the better graphics cards, but check the mfg sites to make sure.



Also, if it were me I'd replace the case fan with the highest cfm airflow I could find. Slimline cases aren't great at cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment