Thursday, April 26, 2012

Direct X 10. (upgrade) Video card?

What do I need to know before buying a video card with direct x 10? I am trying to squeeze a little longer out of my old agp computer before buying a new one. I want to wait and see what new video technology is coming out in the next year or so before I decide on a new rig. I see some of the agp cards on newegg have direct x 10. Will direct x 10 work on any agp technology computer?|||really not a good idea to run vista on a single core cpu but if you have to then a radeon hd 3xxx series or an nvidia 8xxx series is what you need.



There are no 4xxx series radeons or 9xxx series nvidias available for agp.



the best agp card is an hd 3850



I dont think there are any 8xxx series nvidias that are agp. I could be wrong though.|||DirectX 10 won't even install on a computer running anything older than vista.|||Well the only reason I see people run windows Vista is for the DX10 functionality for there PC. Windows 9x/2k/xp don't run on DX10. So you could still run your old AGP card on a Vista machine and it should take full advantage of DX10.



And Yes it should work with AGP technology, as long as it any of the Vista products. Assuming you plan on running windows.|||To use DirectX 10 you need Vista. If you're running XP, then you won't get DX10. Doesn't mean a newer card won't give better performance though.

No comments:

Post a Comment