Thursday, April 26, 2012

Upgrade video card slower down performance?

First of all, for those who have this thought "buy a new computer", please do not answer.



I am using this old pc - pent 3 450 mhz, 512 ram and 4 video ram as experimentying avi file clear, no problem, (a little slow when playing rmvb file), so I went ahead and upgrade my other old video card - pci which is 8 mg ram, but it turned out to be worse?



Why is that? Is it the card or my motherboard/cpu can't handle it? I am thinking of upgrading 256mb ram, but after I tested that out, I don't know if I should upgrade to 256mg video ram if my cpu/motherboard can't handle it|||was your old video card agp or pci, if it was agp and this one is pci then it will naturally be alot slower regardless of how much memory it has on it. pci is not good as a graphics interface even at 256mb level. and remember more memory and "newer" card not necessarily better faster card the gpu and ddr speed are waaaay more important. if you have an agp slot be sure to use that should be a brown color slot

No comments:

Post a Comment