Friday, May 4, 2012

Upgrading video card, need your opinions.?

I currently have this:



Geforce 4TI 4400 128MB memory

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4ti.ht…







I am considering this:



PNY GeForce 7600 GS AGP Graphics Card

512MB GDDR2 of memory

• 8.64/sec bandwidth

• 400MHz GPU

• Shader Model 3.0 support

• Integrated HDTV encoder

• Dual-link DVI support





My question is this, I have found one at a price I can afford and am curious if you think I will see that big of a performance difference by upgrading.



I have an AMD 2.6ghz processor with 1gb ram installed



I am just worried that I will go buy this new card and install it and not see that much of an improvement due to limitations of my computer (speed/ram etc).



I mostly do things like World of Warcraft, EQ2, Elder Scrolls, so lots of gaming but nothing heavy duty like Vanguard etc.



Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!|||The difference will be night and day.



The 7600 card is an amazing card compared to the Geforce 4 card. Think of the 7000 series as a Geforce 7. Not only is it faster, with faster memory and more bandwidth. But it also has a new architecture and support for extra functions like dual monitor and Shader model 3.0.



Though I would suggest you spend a few extra bucks and go for the GT instead of the GS.

No comments:

Post a Comment